“Forty Dua’s for the Forgetful”
“Forty Dua’s for the Forgetful”
“40 Things to Pray for when you’re Stuck”
By Paulina Rivera (أم لونا)
Do you ever feel like you pray for the same things over and over again? Sometimes when making dua’ I feel like I hit a wall and don’t know what else to pray for. So, here’s a helpful list of reminders and things to pray for when you don’t know what else to say:
1. Ya Allah grant me ultimate success- safety from the fire and entry into Jannatul Firdous.
2. Ya Allah make me and my family of those companions of the Right. Who receive the book of deeds in our right hands.
3. Ya Allah, grant me a blessed death. Let me utter the shahada before I die. Grant me the intercession of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).
4. Ya Allah grant me the companionship of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh), his family and the Sahaba’s in Jannatul Firdous.
5. Ya Allah save my non-Muslim family and friends from the fire and guide them to your deen.
6. Ya Allah, reunite me in Jannatul Firdous with those whom I love for your sake alone.
7. Ya Rabb, perfect my deen and my worship.
8. O Allah, You are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship but You. You created me and I am Your slave. I keep Your covenant, and my pledge to You so far as I am able. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I admit to Your blessings upon me, and I admit to my misdeeds. Forgive me, for there is none who may forgive sins but You.
9. Ya Allah, when I die, let my soul and my record of deeds be with the Illiyeen.
10. Ya Allah grant me, my parents, family and children guidance, steadfastness and increased Imaan in Islam.
11. Ya Allah, make me of those whom you love and grant me your favor. Don’t forget me and mention my name to the angels that surround you. Pardon me and shade me on the day when there is no shade but from your majestic arsh (Throne).
12. Oh my Lord, increase me in Yakeen and Tawakkul in you. Let there be no doubt in my belief in your oneness, your majesty and power. There is none worthy or worship but you.
13. Ya Allah increase me in my love for You and Your Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).
14. Ya Allah help me get out of debt and increase me in your blessings and provisions.
15. Ya Allah lead me to more opportunities to do good and seeking your pleasure.
16. Ya Rabb, purify my intentions for your sake alone and let me not show off or take false pride. Save me from arrogance, pride, showing off and reminding of favors. Keep me humble.
17. Oh my creator and sustainer, do not leave me alone even for the blinking of an eye. Bless my (future) husband (wife) with knowledge and righteousness and grant us children that are saleh in every way (or bless me with a righteous spouse and children) who will be the coolness of our eyes.
18. Oh my Lord, make me of those who are patient in my trials and obedient to you and my parents.
19. Save me from the fitnah of dajjal.
20. Save me from the punishment of the grave and the punishment of the hell fire.
21. Ya Allah, increase me in sadakatul jariya work and accept it from me.
22. Ya Allah, bless me with good health, so I can make sajdah with ease until my dying day.
23. Ya Allah, protect me and the Muslim ummah against wicked oppressors. Save us from fitnah and give us ease in our times of trial.
24. My Lord, bless me with the best in this world, the best in the hereafter and save me from the fire. I am indeed in need of the good you have in store for me.
25. Ya Allah increase me in gratitude towards you alone.
26. Ya rabbi, take my soul in the blessed city of Madinah and allow my final resting place to be in baqi’ so I can be resurrected with those who have the intercession of Prophet Muhammad (saws).
27. Ya Allah, let me and my spouse (future spouse) be among the pilgrims to perform Hajj and complete our obligation towards you.
28. Ya Allah protect me against evil eye, jinns and spirits. Safeguard me from their evil incitements and plots.
29. Ya Allah forgive and have mercy upon my parents, as they looked after me when I was young. (Guide my parents to Islam as they looked after me when I was young)
30. Ya Allah, I pray and beg of you for the guidance of the Muslim youth and ummah. Save us all from kufr, despair, misdeeds, hypocrisy and shirk.
31. Ya Allah increase the immah in taqwa, rizq, ‘ilm and quwwa once again.
32. Give sustenance to all the believers who are in need all around the world.
33. Accept our acts of worship and forgive us for our shortcomings in them.
34. Ya Allah grant me the strength to forgive and forget the misdeeds of those who have crossed and hurt me.
35. Ya Allah grant me the strength to battle laziness and sleep, so I may wake up for Tahajjud and Fajr.
36. Ya Allah grant me the opportunity to drink from the blessed hands of your messenger (pbuh) on that fateful day.
37. Guide me follow the Sunnah and the path most pleasing to you ya rabb.
38. I ask You by every Name that you have named yourself with, revealed in your book, taught any one of your creation or kept unto yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with you, to make the Qur’an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.
39. Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after you have guided us and grant us from yourself mercy. Indeed, you are the bestower.
40. My Lord, build for me near You a house in Paradise and grant me the ultimate success of seeing your blessed face.
May Allah (azawajal) accept your fasting and worship this blessed month of Ramadan!
Sister Paulina Rivera (أم لونا)
Dai’ah & Muslim Chaplain from college of Masjid-An Nabawi
World Hijab Day is an annual event founded by Nazma Khan in 2013. The event takes place on February 1st each year in 140 countries worldwide. Its stated purpose is to encourage women of all religions and backgrounds to wear and experience the hijab. Event organizers...
Re-Evaluating Friendships from time to time is a healthy habit to create. It should become top priority when we begin questioning friends who do not mirror our happiness or when we begin to see unhealthy patterns that do not resonate to what we hoped for that...
September… The month in which fall arrives my favorite season of the year. The month I was born twice, by birth on the 12th and the day I embraced Islam on the 30th. The month that prepared me for the unexpected changes in my life as my eyes took in the burst of...
Letter from my Friend to me… Assalaamu alaikum my dear, Firstly mabrook on your intention of Hajj! May Allah grant you an easy journey and accept your Hajj, ameen. I’m so excited and feeling really emotional for you. Before I left for Hajj, people called me to say...
Suicide, is not the Answer my Friends! When I was about 12 years old I attempted suicide. Yes, you read right. That same year, I was taken away from my abusive home and put into a group home, and was later moved into a foster home which I outgrew. At the time, I...
I Am A Ramadan Shahada Every year it never fails, the countdown of Ramadan makes me feel a bit nostalgic, excited, happy, grateful and extremely blessed all at once. These feelings tend to become much more intense as we anxiously wait for the arrival of the month...
The countdown has officially begun… I am extremely excited to be participating for the 2nd year in a row in the Embrace’s Converts Conference in Dallas, Texas. Let me start by sharing with you that so much has happened since last year. In just a few days we will be...
Ramadan is well on it’s way, it is literally around the corner masha’Allah. As we continue preparing to welcome the month of the Qur’an I would like to share with you 7 Tips to Prepare Before and During Ramadan, in shaa Allah 1) Start by reciting the Qur’an. The best...
I have decided to write this piece with the attempt to answer many of your questions. Often times I get asked, “How do you do it?” Single parent, working full-time, traveling, dawah, interfaith, outreach, homework and the list goes on and on… As we all know parenthood...
Change/Relocating or Transplanting is not always easy… My Farewell cake in New Jersey made by Sister Asma Ibrahim, masha’Allah Re-locations takes a huge toll on us regardless of the distance whether is in the same city, around the corner, across country or to a...