“Forty Dua’s for the Forgetful”
“Forty Dua’s for the Forgetful”
“40 Things to Pray for when you’re Stuck”
By Paulina Rivera (أم لونا)
Do you ever feel like you pray for the same things over and over again? Sometimes when making dua’ I feel like I hit a wall and don’t know what else to pray for. So, here’s a helpful list of reminders and things to pray for when you don’t know what else to say:
1. Ya Allah grant me ultimate success- safety from the fire and entry into Jannatul Firdous.
2. Ya Allah make me and my family of those companions of the Right. Who receive the book of deeds in our right hands.
3. Ya Allah, grant me a blessed death. Let me utter the shahada before I die. Grant me the intercession of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).
4. Ya Allah grant me the companionship of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh), his family and the Sahaba’s in Jannatul Firdous.
5. Ya Allah save my non-Muslim family and friends from the fire and guide them to your deen.
6. Ya Allah, reunite me in Jannatul Firdous with those whom I love for your sake alone.
7. Ya Rabb, perfect my deen and my worship.
8. O Allah, You are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship but You. You created me and I am Your slave. I keep Your covenant, and my pledge to You so far as I am able. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I admit to Your blessings upon me, and I admit to my misdeeds. Forgive me, for there is none who may forgive sins but You.
9. Ya Allah, when I die, let my soul and my record of deeds be with the Illiyeen.
10. Ya Allah grant me, my parents, family and children guidance, steadfastness and increased Imaan in Islam.
11. Ya Allah, make me of those whom you love and grant me your favor. Don’t forget me and mention my name to the angels that surround you. Pardon me and shade me on the day when there is no shade but from your majestic arsh (Throne).
12. Oh my Lord, increase me in Yakeen and Tawakkul in you. Let there be no doubt in my belief in your oneness, your majesty and power. There is none worthy or worship but you.
13. Ya Allah increase me in my love for You and Your Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).
14. Ya Allah help me get out of debt and increase me in your blessings and provisions.
15. Ya Allah lead me to more opportunities to do good and seeking your pleasure.
16. Ya Rabb, purify my intentions for your sake alone and let me not show off or take false pride. Save me from arrogance, pride, showing off and reminding of favors. Keep me humble.
17. Oh my creator and sustainer, do not leave me alone even for the blinking of an eye. Bless my (future) husband (wife) with knowledge and righteousness and grant us children that are saleh in every way (or bless me with a righteous spouse and children) who will be the coolness of our eyes.
18. Oh my Lord, make me of those who are patient in my trials and obedient to you and my parents.
19. Save me from the fitnah of dajjal.
20. Save me from the punishment of the grave and the punishment of the hell fire.
21. Ya Allah, increase me in sadakatul jariya work and accept it from me.
22. Ya Allah, bless me with good health, so I can make sajdah with ease until my dying day.
23. Ya Allah, protect me and the Muslim ummah against wicked oppressors. Save us from fitnah and give us ease in our times of trial.
24. My Lord, bless me with the best in this world, the best in the hereafter and save me from the fire. I am indeed in need of the good you have in store for me.
25. Ya Allah increase me in gratitude towards you alone.
26. Ya rabbi, take my soul in the blessed city of Madinah and allow my final resting place to be in baqi’ so I can be resurrected with those who have the intercession of Prophet Muhammad (saws).
27. Ya Allah, let me and my spouse (future spouse) be among the pilgrims to perform Hajj and complete our obligation towards you.
28. Ya Allah protect me against evil eye, jinns and spirits. Safeguard me from their evil incitements and plots.
29. Ya Allah forgive and have mercy upon my parents, as they looked after me when I was young. (Guide my parents to Islam as they looked after me when I was young)
30. Ya Allah, I pray and beg of you for the guidance of the Muslim youth and ummah. Save us all from kufr, despair, misdeeds, hypocrisy and shirk.
31. Ya Allah increase the immah in taqwa, rizq, ‘ilm and quwwa once again.
32. Give sustenance to all the believers who are in need all around the world.
33. Accept our acts of worship and forgive us for our shortcomings in them.
34. Ya Allah grant me the strength to forgive and forget the misdeeds of those who have crossed and hurt me.
35. Ya Allah grant me the strength to battle laziness and sleep, so I may wake up for Tahajjud and Fajr.
36. Ya Allah grant me the opportunity to drink from the blessed hands of your messenger (pbuh) on that fateful day.
37. Guide me follow the Sunnah and the path most pleasing to you ya rabb.
38. I ask You by every Name that you have named yourself with, revealed in your book, taught any one of your creation or kept unto yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with you, to make the Qur’an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.
39. Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after you have guided us and grant us from yourself mercy. Indeed, you are the bestower.
40. My Lord, build for me near You a house in Paradise and grant me the ultimate success of seeing your blessed face.
May Allah (azawajal) accept your fasting and worship this blessed month of Ramadan!
Sister Paulina Rivera (أم لونا)
Dai’ah & Muslim Chaplain from college of Masjid-An Nabawi
I am Fasting in Solidarity of my Muslim Brothers and Sisters around the Globe! #HumansMakingTheWorldGreatAgain On the night of May 24 th, 2017, I wrote a Facebook status about two of my non-Muslim colleagues deciding to fast all 30 days during the holy month of...
A week ago today, I returned from one of the most meaningful trips of my life. Only to find myself detained and questioned over and over by the CBP (U.S. Customs and Border Protection). The sign read Welcome All Passengers, and with all honesty up until that point it...
Protect the Huffadh by Hafidh Hamza Ghia When you hear someone having an issue with a Hafidh leading at your masjid or a Huffadh making too many mistakes speak up and defend them. Any who leads taraweeh can tell you how much effort and time it takes to get yourself...
Self-Image and Pride Matters: A Second Reflection from ICNA Baltimore 2017 by guest writer Yamil Avivi García The last segment of La Voz Latina, or the The Latino Voice, entitled “Instilling a sense of identity and leadership in our children,” was, in my opinion, the...
Can you picture 115,296,797 persons? Now, out of that amount, 3,700, according to a 2010 census by the National Institute of Statistics and Geography are Muslim, with a one third concentrated in Mexico City. Over the past 10 years in the conflicted area of Chiapas,...
I don’t know where and how to begin articulating the stories behind all the pictures I was a part of or took myself during last week’s, 3rd Annual Muslim Advocacy Day on Capital Hill in Washington, DC on May 1-2 2017. Let me begin by saying that #MuslimHillDay was...
Latino/a Muslims and Their Assimilation into the US Muslim Community: A Reflection from ICNA Baltimore by Guest Writer Yamil Avivi Garcia I attended the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) conference in Baltimore, Maryland on the weekend of April 14-16. This is...
1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals. 2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a...
Pre Ramadan practical planning a) Get Your Eid Clothes and Eid Gifts Ready NOW: You should have them before Ramadan begins or on their way. Don’t waste even a single minute deciding what to wear on Eid day. Go shopping now and get all the gifts shopped, packed and...
As I embarked on my most important dawah trip to Mexico, I began to reflect and think of my past three outreach missions. “Why was this the most important?” I asked myself, “I am traveling with the least amount of luggage and alone.” The answer was that I was going in...